Kate Pollock and Carly Walker are the co-founders of Coastal Sol Yoga. They completed yoga teacher training in NYC where they both lived and taught for many years. Both moving to Westport in 2016, they discovered they share the vision of offering yoga to their coastal community and that they approach Kids Yoga in the same play based way. They co-taught together in various studios for years and realized they wanted to create a studio of their own. In the summer of 2019, they opened Coastal Sol Yoga, the boutique yoga studio off of Post Road. They also teach yoga at schools throughout Fairfield county and continue to enrich their training by learning from master teachers.
Kate began her teaching career in 1998 as a 4th grade NYC public school teacher. During that time, she earned a Masters Degree in Education, multiple yoga certifications and a doula certification. She completed over 500 hours of teacher training in yoga, pilates and childbirth education. In NYC, Kate wove yoga into her students’ day and offered professional development in yoga and mindfulness to public school teachers. She also taught yoga in studios with a focus in pre/postnatal yoga, and continues to mentor teacher trainees at the Integral Yoga Institute. She had the honor of apprenticing alongside midwives in NYC hospitals, supporting women in labor and birth. Since moving to Connecticut, Kate teaches children’s yoga at preschools throughout Fairfield county and co-founded Coastal Sol Yoga. She is director of Prenatal & Postpartum Yoga at Coastal Sol Yoga.
As a teacher, she blends music with various types of movement, stillness and play. She hopes to inspire her students of all ages to connect to their inner peace as well as nature, find joy in movement and ultimately bring their yoga into the world.
- HathaYoga, Integral Yoga Institute
- Prenatal Yoga, Integral Yoga Institute
- Postpartum Yoga (Yoga Mom, Buddha Baby), Jyoti Larson at Karma Kids Yoga
- Yoga for Labor and Delivery, Integral Yoga Institute
- Therapeutic Yoga, Cheri Clampett & Arturo Peal’s Therapeutic Yoga
- Professional Labor and Birth Companion (doula), Niara Healing Arts
- Deep Play for Kids, Missy Brown
- Yoga and Mindfulness for Children and Youth, Little Flower Yoga
- Karma Kids Yoga (Preschool Yoga, Yoga in the k-8 Classroom, Yoga for Test Prep)
- Childbirth Education, Childbirth Education Association of Metropolitan New York
- Prenatal and Postpartum Pilates, Rooted, Evolution Pilates & Samba Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga Flow, Shiva Rea’s Sumudra’s Global School of Living Yoga
Carly is a certified children’s yoga teacher with Karma Kids Yoga and Deep Play for Kids. Her love of teaching kids yoga began when her own children were young and would naturally join her practice. Carly has been working with children for over 5 years and deeply believes in the importance of yoga for all ages, especially children. It gives them time to get in touch with their bodies through playful movement and mindfulness. In NYC, Carly taught yoga at the Acorn School and at Lululemon. Since moving to Connecticut, she teaches yoga in preschools throughout Fairfield county and is co-founder of Coastal Sol Yoga. Carly is director of Children’s Yoga at Coastal Sol Yoga.
Carly knows the importance of being active and fit. A two time Ironman finisher she says it’s her yoga practice that helped her cross the finish line.
While teaching yoga Carly loves to take the kids on yoga adventures using adorable animals, fun music and games. Her students are fully engaged in the practice while they smile, stretch and breathe!